Important Safety Information. Please read carefully before installation.
1. Unit must be installed by qualified personnel, according to manufacturer’s instructions and relevant
2. Ensure electrical supply complies with current regulations and has suitable electrical protection
3. Do not attempt to modify unit in any way.
This unit is designed to be operated by adults only. Do not allow children to operate. Some components
could be hazardous to children.
Keep all items out of reach and do not leave children unattended near unit.
This unit is for domestic use only and not for commercial purposes. Do not use unit if subjected to
Do not use any of the electrical components or appliances contained within the unit with wet hands.
Any electrical work required to install this unit must be carried out by a qualified electrician or
competent person, in accordance with current IEEE regulations.
THE UNIT MUST BE EARTHED (Where Appropriate)
The manufacturer declines any liability if safety measures are not observed. Before switching on
ensure electrical supply voltage matches indicated voltage on base of unit or documentation supplied.
Top Surface A damp cloth or sponge with a solution of washing liquid will remove everyday stains.
Raising Unit Dry cloth and anti static spray should clean unit and stop dust gathering on surfaces
The unit works on a counterbalance system. during the design process and manufacture we have
calculated and installed the correct counterbalance weight to allow the unit to operate smoothly and
By applying a small amount of pressure to the top of the unit you will hear a click which is the hold
catch releasing. The unit will now raise. You can now use the contents for its designed purpose.
When you have finished, simply apply a small amount of pressure to the top and push the unit back
down, you will hear a click which is the hold catch activating and holding the unit closed.
GuaranteeC onditions( UK)
1. S-Box offers the following guarantee to the first purchaser of the unit.
2. The guarantee is valid for 24 months once handed to first retail purchaser: This is verified by
purchase invoice or similar document.
3. This guarantee does not cover commercial use.
4. Guarantee covers all parts/components which fail due to faulty workmanship or materials. It does
not cover defects or poor performance due to misuse, accidental damage, neglect. faulty installation,
unauthorised modification or attempted repair, commercial use or failure to observe requirements/
recommendations set out in this manual.
5. Guarantee does not cover light bulbs, removable glassware or plastics.
6. Should guarantee repairs be necessary the purchaser must inform the nearest S-Box service centre
[manufacturer’s service or authorised agent workshop]. S-Box reserves the right to stipulate place of
repair i.e. customer’s home. place of installation or S-Box Workshop
7. Repairs carried out under guarantee do not extend guarantee period. The guarantee or free
replacement does not include installation. Parts removed during guarantee repairs become S-Box
8. The purchaser’s statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
The model and serial numbers of the unit can be found on the bottom of the unit. Please record this
information below and keep this manual for future reference.
Not all S-Box products require CE/UL Approval but those that do have gained it.The S-Box has undergone extensive testing by FIRA [Furniture Industry Research Association! and has passed the testing Criteria.
AFTER 12 MONTHS USE (PARTICULARLY IN VERY WARM or CENTRALLY HEATED ENVIRONMENT) THE INTERNAL RUNNERS MAY REQUIRE A TINY AMOUNT OF RE-LUBRICATION TO MAINTAIN THE UNIT’S SMOOTH OPERATION. 2 DROPS OF 3-IN-ONE OIL WOULD SUFFICE.